Friday, May 30, 2008

Cowboys and Indians

I went to the Cherokee County Rodeo last night with my cousin Amber. We knew there was a strong chance of bad weather, but we decided to go anyways. Now, I know I've been to these rodeo years ago as a kid, but the one thing I didn't remember was that it was outdoors. Also, it's much much smaller. Rodeo must not attract the following that it used to. Well, it started to rain just after the national anthem, but I had an umbrella in the car, so no big deal. Except when the wind got too bad that it kept blowing the piece of junk inside-out. Then we wrapped up in a blanket. Finally it was so windy we left. Then the rain REALLY came down, so we waited out the worst in a gas station parking lot. Good news from the trip: Amber saw her first rodeo and I'm averaging 21.5 mpg for this tank of gas. Not bad for the ole Jimmy.

In other news, I've confirmed this morning that I have chiggers from a camping trip two weeks ago with the Dorhouts. I thought it was poison ivy, since I'm quite susceptible to that, but it isn't. I'll take this over poison ivy any day.

No comments: