Sunday, May 25, 2008

Ooops

Oops, missed a couple of days there. Well, it's been a busy weekend so far. I went for a bike ride on some of the gravels around SC Thursday. It was so windy that while going into the cross wind I thought it was gonna take my tire off the gravel. I usually ride into the wind first so that by the time I am tired and want to quit, I can just blow home. It doesn't always work, but did this time. I also rode around the town of Maurice which took all of about 5 minutes. I think I would like to live there if I was gonna stay around. It's just soooo quiet. You couldn't get that kind of a quiet in the suburbs no matter what cul-de-sac you were on. Also, bro and his wife have been here since Thursday. Friday was mom's birthday and we had some family pictures taken. Mom and I went out for coffee in the afternoon and then the family went out to Touch of Europe in Sioux Falls. Good food, but dad was sick the next day for some unexplainable reason. We had a combo birthday party for mom and dad last night (Saturday night) without dad and at my aunt and uncle's house to contain the sickness. Today I played some one-on-one b-ball with Joel. I beat him H to H-O-R-S-E in our warm up, but then went on to lose to him 16-14 and 15-13. I'm pretty sure we'll both have blistered feet tomorrow. Tonight, we had a nice night of smokies and pie-iron food (or tonka toasters to some) around the fire.

No comments: